Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
H2
New Contributor

Forticlient fails to install Deployment package from EMS server

Hello,

I'm currently setting up FortiClient EMS 7.0.11 on a ESXI VM (win 2022 server), performing a unattended deployment using both FortiClient 7.0.11 and 6.4.10 to a windows 11 machine as well as another windows server 2022. None of them are being launched/installed on these Domain joined machines, logs on EMS are showing "xxxx deployment state 150 - Deployment error" for all endpoints

I have gone through the process of ensuring that none of my issues match the link below

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/FortiClient-fails-to-install-from-EMS/m-p/33284

All services have been applied through GPO, inbound firewall rules added. EMS can communicate with the machines using their hostnames, 

Services

task1.PNGtask2.PNGtask3.PNG

Firewall rules

FW-Inbound-Rule.PNG

Ping

ping.PNG 

So Connectivity/firewall/services aren't an issue

Wireshark shows that there is definitely communication between the EMS server and my windows 11 test client

EMS - 10.44.110.20

WIN11 - 10.44.100.50

EMS-Win11.PNG

win11-EMS.PNGI've also tried to install FortiClient on the server where EMS is running and this is also failing here too,

EMS-Fail1.PNGEMS-Fail2.PNG 

Are there any logs that I query that would get me information on the actual reason why it is failing and not just the generic "150" error message?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello H2,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @H2 ,

I know what I said is not the solution. I want to advise you about your problem.

I think you shouldn't use EMS as a remote deployment app. Because it has a lot of variables and problem-solving is not easy. Also, Fortinet removed this feature in version 7.2.

In my opinion, if you have a remote app deployment solution like an SCCM, SolarWinds, etc. (You can use MSI package created by EMS). You can use these tools for deployment after that you can manage your FortiClient upgrade or downgrade process with EMS without any problem.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors