Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nipper
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN 7.0.7.0345 will not connect from desktop short cut but will from systray icon

When you right click on icon from systray, you can connect to vpn tunnel.  The VPN name shows up grayed out which is a sign that it will work.  From the desktop shortcut, the name is not grayed out.  From desktop shortcut it sits there on "connecting" status forever.  I don't think it even times out.  This started happening in the last 2 months.  So I am sure it was some Windows updates but can't narrow it down.  Currently I'm seeing this on Windows 11 21H2 and I believe 22H2.  I have tried flushing DNS like I read somewhere and that didn't seem to do anything.  Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to help either and same issue if I logon as local admin.  So I don't think its the profile.  We have Dell Latitude laptops.

1 REPLY 1
spoojary
Staff
Staff

The Best thing to do here would be remove the FCT from Windows machine and install some other version of the FortiClient and check whether the issue persists. Sometimes there is compatibility issue which happens and causes the connecting status of the FCT.

Siddhanth Poojary
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors