Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Guru_Prasaath
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN 6.0.10 Stops at 10% and throws unable to reach the vpn

HI ALl,

I am new to Forticlient VPN ..we have installed Forticlient VPN verison 6.0.10 in our windows 10 machine . After entering credentials VPN trying to connect till 10% and then stops & throws unable to reach vpn.

However my credentails are wroking in another laptop with same os ..dont know whats need to rectify . 

could you please help on this 

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm assuming you're using SSL VPN, not IPSec VPN. Then 10% means the client can't reach the server, or a local network issue.

View solution in original post

Toshi_Esumi

It tells you the machine problem. Did you try pinging the server IP or URL from the machine?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm assuming you're using SSL VPN, not IPSec VPN. Then 10% means the client can't reach the server, or a local network issue.

Guru_Prasaath

yes using SSL VPN.. Actually couldnt find the root cause..also when we tried with another machine able to connect VPN using my credentials. can you guess what the root cause 

Toshi_Esumi

It tells you the machine problem. Did you try pinging the server IP or URL from the machine?

Guru_Prasaath

Yes i tried. it says could not find host .please check name and try again

Toshi_Esumi

Then obviously a DNS problem on the machine if the URL is correct.

Guru_Prasaath

How to rectify the DNS problem in the client machine. can u please share

Toshi_Esumi

It just a Windows basic troubleshooting process. If you're don't familiar with it either ask MS community or search on the internet or ask your IT dept. It's beyond this forum. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors