Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shocko
Contributor

Forticlient Release Channels

We are using Forticlient 7.2.4 on Windows and are impacted by BUG 961079. I note though that this is listed as a fixed issue on Forticlient 7.0.12 here.So is this a regression in the latter versions of Forticlient or are there different release channels that are being maintained?

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Both versions are maintained. FCT 7.2.4 was released on 4 March while 7.0.12 was released on 4 April, that's why the mentioned bug has been corrected on one but not yet on the other. So I guess it will be fixes on 7.2.5.

AEK
AEK
shocko

Thanks @AEK . So which channels/versions are maintained? I've asked support and they have indcated this is fixed in 7.2.5 (due July timeframe it seems) but is 7.0.x generally mainated and fixes backported or is 7.1.x also maintained? I can't find any documentation on this.  

ebilcari

Both branches 7.0 and 7.2 are actively supported by the Engineering team. The next respective versions are scheduled to be delivered on June (7.0) and July (7.2). Also a new firmware branch 7.4 is going to be release soon. There is no 7.1.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

The first release of FortiClient 7.0 was on Apr 2021, and according to Product Life Cycle Policy it will be maintained 54 months after that date. So if I'm not wrong and have not missed something it is applicable to FortiClient as well.

End of Support Date (EOS): The final milestone in the lifecycle is the End of Support date. After this date
Fortinet, will not sell, manufacture or improve the product and is under no obligation to provide support
services. In general the EOS takes place as follows:
   • Hardware - 60 months after the EOO Date
   • Software - 54 months after the GA date
   • Stand Alone Services – on the service contract termination date

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors