Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Baxter
New Contributor

Forticlient 4.3 issue with certificates

Hi. We are using Forticlient 4.0 MR3 (4.3.5.472) for a SSL VPN connection to a Fortigate FW. Recently we encountered some very strange behavior. Our SSL VPN site required client certificates. On most of the clients we are able to use the usually way for establishing the connection (start the Forticlient->VPN Connections-> Connect), but in some cases this gives us a strange error message (server requires a identification ... -12) although certificate is properly installed. Now the even stranger thing is, on this clients we can establish a connection by following method: Right click forticlient tray icon->VPN->choose connection->enter credentials and certificate->OK Works like a charm but appears very odd to me. Anybody encountered something similar and/or does have a hint for me why the usually method does not work? TIA. BR Bx
1 REPLY 1
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

This is the first time I heard this problem. I did know there were some SSL VPN certificate related changes in 4.3 patch 5. It might be a bug and I recommend you report to Customer Support for more investigation. LC
Ling Lu
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors