Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slartibartfast
New Contributor

FortiWiFi 60F - dual frequencies possible for built-in wifi?

It looks like the FortiWiFi 60F (firmware 6.4.3) has the flexibility to accommodate a wireless network of arbitrary complexity. Our needs are much simpler, we really only need the built-in WiFi to bridge radios to the LAN, like a consumer-grade router.

It's basically working, but it seems that when setting up a profile only "Radio 1" is listed, it doesn't appear possible to use both frequencies at the same time. This also is the case with the default built-in profiles, it's an either/or proposition. Is this a limitation of the FortiWiFi 60F?

3 REPLIES 3
brycemd
Contributor II

The FortiWiFi devices only have a single radio. It is technically a dual band radio but you have to pick 2.4 or 5G. It cannot do simultaneous dual band without that second radio.

slartibartfast

That's kind of surprising but at least now I know what's going on. Since most modern devices can connect to 5GHz I'll set it up for that and if we need 2.4GHz as well we can add an access point. Thanks!

FXLEWIS
New Contributor II

I know this is old but it looks like the FWF-80F-2R has two radios.  I have the same issue. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors