Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
khhussnain
New Contributor

FortiWeb 100D Internet Access to Backend Server

We have deployed Fortiweb 100D in reverse proxy mode. We want to provide Internet access to backend servers through Foritweb. Applications that are hosted on backend servers are accessing properly using internet. But backend server has no internet connection showing via fortiweb. All virtual servers IP and also all fortinet interfaces IP's are pinging from backend server but the router gateway 192.168.11.5 is not pinging. Please help

12 REPLIES 12
asif_janjua88
New Contributor

Hi Khhussnain, 

Navigate to the Networks -->Interfaces --> and click on WAN interface. On the WAN interface page make sure that you have check the option of PING which actually allow the PING on WAN interface. If it is enabled and still you are not able to reach the WAN interface then please check below. 

Have you added the policy to allow all the trafic to WAN interface? Please create ploicy under IP4 and Policy section which accept the trafic from local LAN interface and destination would be WAN.

khhussnain

Hi Asif,

Thanks for your reply. Actually Foritweb 100D doesn't have WAN Ports. It only have 4 LAN Ports and I configured in Reverse proxy mode. I just want to get Internet Access to backend servers from Firewall. I have created Policy but its not working

khhussnain
New Contributor

Hurry!

Issue has been resolved. I called Fortinet Support and discussed issue with them. After long remote sessions we have resolved this issue. You need SNAT option in Fortiweb and for that you have to be on latest firmware version i-e 6.02.

After that enable SNAT in Dashboard > Firewall > SNAT Policy

Source Address: IP Scheme of Backed Servers

Destination Address: 0.0.0.0/0

Egress Port: Port that is connected to your Router (In my scenario Port 2)

Translation Type: IP Address

Translate IP Address: IP Address i-e connected to port 2 (192.168.100.150)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors