Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

FortiOS 4.2.5 is out

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
16 REPLIES 16
cmberry

I tried the newly released 4.2.0 before putting it into production.
Wouldnt it make more sense to patch this to 4.2.5 is you really want to get a taste of 4.2, but with the benefit all all the issues fixed after 5 more patch updates?
FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

4.1.7. is not the best of all, better upgrade to 4.1.9 Cheers, Eric

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
romanr
Valued Contributor

I ran into an issue with 4.2.5 and the actual FMG... If being installed onto a cluster via Fortimanager, the cluster will afterwards lose connectivity to the FortiManager... only deleting the cluster and adding it again will bring it back... Standalone boxes didn' t have this problem... Console Access from FMG works, so there was no cert related problem... regards,Roman
rich99
New Contributor

I' ve got a issue too but with the FortiAnalyzer After the upgrade of a cluster from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5, the FortiAnalyzer can' t see the logs anymore. However, I can see the packet arrived to the FortiAalyzer by doing a packet capture from the FA. I' m waiting explanation from Fortinet support
Fortinet Certified Network Security Associate (FCNSA) Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional FortiOS (FCNSP)
Fortinet Certified Network Security Associate (FCNSA) Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional FortiOS (FCNSP)
TopJimmy

ORIGINAL: rich99 I' ve got a issue too but with the FortiAnalyzer After the upgrade of a cluster from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5, the FortiAnalyzer can' t see the logs anymore. However, I can see the packet arrived to the FortiAalyzer by doing a packet capture from the FA. I' m waiting explanation from Fortinet support
Have you heard anything yet? I noticed that my FAZ is no longer receiving the Event logs from the FGT' s after upgrading to 4.2.5. All the other (webfilter, traffic, dlp, etc) logs are working fine.
-TJ
-TJ
rich99
New Contributor

Hi TopJimmy, Fortinet confirmed that there is a known issue.... to be fix in MR2P6 of FortiOS (Fortigate) Like you said, only the event log are affected
TopJimmy

ORIGINAL: rich99 Hi TopJimmy, Fortinet confirmed that there is a known issue.... to be fix in MR2P6 of FortiOS (Fortigate) Like you said, only the event log are affected
I got the same info from Fortinet. They said
There is a known issue with the bug ID 0142583. We plan to implement the fix in MR2P6. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for the release yet. I will keep you updated.
Fortunately I have units with HDD' s in them so at least I log locally
-TJ
-TJ
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors