Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

FortiMail suddently lost some licenses

We just ran into this:

today our FortiMail states it has no antispam and virus outbreak license.

It did have one because it also states the last update of the antispam definitions was on 2024-02-06 and it cannot do that without vallid license.

If I look into support portal I can see that our License bundle includes both licenses and they are both valid until 2027.

FortiMail also states that FortiGuard services are reachable.

I also opened a ticket with TAC on this as this should not at all happen for security reasons!

cheers

Sebastian

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

TAC told me to change port/protocol in FortiGuard - Antispam settings in Gui to fix this. I changed to port from 443 to 8888 and clicked "update now". Suddenly all licenses were there again.

Still strange since there is a FGT in front of our FML but it has no UTM enabled nor does it have specific service filters on the policy for internet. So 443 shout not have been an issue and all the time was not. Still cannot say why it suddently became a problem...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I guess it is a very bad situation. I had the same 2 months before but on a FML with evaluation licence (PoC).

In my case I know there was an issue on my VM (couldn't find the cause) not on FortiGuard because other FML VMs were ok.

So just in case FortiGuard and licensing is ok, think about the possibility to restore the VM from a the last good backup.

AEK
AEK
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Ours is no VM. It is a hardware one. So cannot simply restore it...

-- 

sw2090
Honored Contributor

TAC told me to change port/protocol in FortiGuard - Antispam settings in Gui to fix this. I changed to port from 443 to 8888 and clicked "update now". Suddenly all licenses were there again.

Still strange since there is a FGT in front of our FML but it has no UTM enabled nor does it have specific service filters on the policy for internet. So 443 shout not have been an issue and all the time was not. Still cannot say why it suddently became a problem...

-- 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors