Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rami78
New Contributor

FortiGuard Virus Outbreak Protection Service

I saw this "new" license option on Fortimail OS 5.4, however i cannot find any documentation online about how it works exactly and how it differs from regular antivirus which is already licensed

Anyone have any idea?

12 REPLIES 12
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

What you have pasted above confirms exactly what I stated. 

The "Base Bundle" and "Enterprise ATP Bundle" are the names for the new bundles available since Q2 and include the Virus Outbreak Service. 

Prior to Q2, there were 8x5 and 24x7 Bundles and these did not include the Virus Outbreak Service.  If you want to add Virus Outbreak to these historic bundles it can be added a la carte and aligned with the existing licenses via a coterm.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

alejandrol

First of all, thanks for your patience, I really appreciate.

I understand what you said, but what happen with the renewal services?, If I renewed my FortiGuard services before Q2, then I won't have the VOS service. But if I do after Q2, I'll have the service available. Am I right?

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Correct, assuming you renew with the new Bundle SKUs e.g.

FC-10-FExxx-640-02-DD     24x7 FortiCare and FortiGuard Base Bundle Contract FC-10-FExxx-641-02-DD     24x7 FortiCare and FortiGuard Enterprise ATP Bundle Contract

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors