Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
YISS
New Contributor II

FortiGate managed FortiSwitches with Unifi accesspoints

Hello,

I have an issue with my set-up.

I have a FortiGate 40F connected to 1 FortiSwitch 124F and a FortiSwitch 108E-PoE.
My FortiGate (7.4) is physically connected to the FortiSwitch 124 on port 2 and the FortiSwitch 108 (both running 7.4) is connected to port 1. The Fortigate can see both switches, both switches are connected and authorised through the fortilink.

I can manage VLANs and ports on both switches.

I have also 3 Unifi UAP6 Pro accesspoints managed by a Unifi controller on a local server. Those accesspoints used to serve 4 VLANs. I'm saying "used to" because lately I replaced my old Zyxel switch with the FortiSwitch 108. On the first 3 ports I've connected the 3 AP's because of the PoE. I've added a trunk with those 3 ports, allowing all VLANs (1-4094), however no traffic is flowing over the AP's. The first traffic I would like, is to receive DHCP addressing, provided by the Fortilink interfaces.

Can someone provide some guidance?

#FortiGate #FortiSwitch

2 Solutions
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @YISS,

Not sure why you trunk those ports. You can just set 'allowed VLANs' to all on those switch ports. Make sure the native VLAN has DHCP server enabled. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

YISS
New Contributor II

Another part of the solution was to add an ip address to the interface of the VLAN 1 interface. The APs use that to validate if they are online...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @YISS,

Not sure why you trunk those ports. You can just set 'allowed VLANs' to all on those switch ports. Make sure the native VLAN has DHCP server enabled. 

Regards, 

YISS
New Contributor II

Hi hbac,

I've adjusted the ports accordingly. One question remains, the native VLAN for the Wireless AP's needs to be VLAN 1, which is assigned to the default.fortilink interface. I do not use this interface other than for those devices, which already have static IP addresses.
The DHCP server is on a different VLAN, lets say VLAN 1000, which is the VLAN interface of the Fortigate for those networks. Does VLAN1 still need a DHCP server?
YISS

YISS
New Contributor II

Another part of the solution was to add an ip address to the interface of the VLAN 1 interface. The APs use that to validate if they are online...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors