Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mikey83
New Contributor

FortiGate VM types

Hello sir  I am a totally novice & new at the fortigate products & im currently preparing for my NSE4(i jumped the nse1,2,3) exam. I am subscribed to the fortigate learner & i have full access for the tutorials. I like to practice while learning so i got the virtual machine fortigate. But i am getting confused at the fortigate VM types that exists. I have the 14 days trial of the fortigate for my VM but in the NSE4 study guide pdf i have noticed that the once that are being used are completely different. Mine has a red layout and it says "Fortigate VM" at the top bar while the one, being used in the tutorial has a green layout and it says "Fortigate VM-64" & it looks more advanced.  My questions are , What are the difference between the VM & VM64? Are there other versions? how can I purchase the VM64 one? Do i have to know all of the VM types & versions & how to set them up to prepare for my NSE4?   Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Lukino
New Contributor

Hi, the problem is the version, not the VM type. You have probably picked up an old 5.2, you could take this one and then upgrade the firmware

Mikey83
New Contributor

Thanks man greatly appreciate the help

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors