Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ciscoasa
New Contributor

FortiGate PPPoE password recovery

Hi All, I' ve set a PPPoE password in FortiGate. Now, when I backup configuration to my local pc, the password had been hash or encrypt into " O+5MYduEK/YD0mpLG3TLu0EqzqaP2h9oByvk8qoRLs4oHzkIdIggVhOClI8T0wRTDbm8V4" If I forgot the original password of PPPoE, can I get the original password from backup configuration ??? thx !!
1 Solution
red_adair
New Contributor III

you can actually run PPP-Daemon debug, so it will tell you the PW during PPPoE Setup. # diag debug ena # diag debug app ppp 3 and initiate a PPPoE reconnect. Somewhere in that debug output you should see the PPPoE Username and PW, incl. assigned IP and DNS. -R.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lmuir
New Contributor

I think I remember the Fortinet TAC can decode your password.
claumakurumure
New Contributor III

PPPoE is ISP Password you need to call your service provider that is definitely the quickest way to resolve your proble.
hezvo uko
hezvo uko
ciscoasa
New Contributor

thx for both of your answer !! Maybe the only way to decode password from configuration file is Fortinet TAC.
red_adair
New Contributor III

you can actually run PPP-Daemon debug, so it will tell you the PW during PPPoE Setup. # diag debug ena # diag debug app ppp 3 and initiate a PPPoE reconnect. Somewhere in that debug output you should see the PPPoE Username and PW, incl. assigned IP and DNS. -R.
ciscoasa
New Contributor

Appreciate for red.adair' s reply !! # diagnose debug enable # diagnose debug application ppp 3 PPP send: LCP Configure_Request id(1) len(14) [Maximum_Received_Unit 1492] [Magic_Number 2D7552F8] ........................ ........................ PPP send: LCP Echo_Request id(0) len(8) [Magic_Number 2d76a8f7] PPP send: PAP 66 66 74 75 6f 75 75 6f 75 66 66 74 75 74 2e 6e 65 74 08 78 64 66 66 75 --> Authentication_Request id(1) peerid(len=18, 1234567@1234567890) passwd(len=8, 12345678) PPP recv: LCP Echo_Reply id(0) len(8) [Magic_Number 6a6532d93] ......................... .........................
claumakurumure

This is cool will put it in my archive
hezvo uko
hezvo uko
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors