Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Israt24Fortinet
New Contributor

FortiGate License

Hello! I have few questions regarding FortiGate license. Product is 60F v6.4.6 build 6083 GA. I am providing a screen shot below: 

Qs1: Is creating a FortiCloud account a must for adding license/ renewal?

QS2: If there is no forticare support license, will I still have to create the account in forticloud?

QS3: from the picture, 4 entitlement is expired and 1 is for register. Which is the most important to do licensing/ renewal first and why?

QS4: How much time will it take for (New license and renewal) the licenses to be added to the fortigate product? (can see it in the fortigate interface) 

license issue.PNG

1 Solution
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @Israt24Fortinet - Let me try to answer all your questions.

Answer: Yes, cos this is where you will register your device and download the .lic file.

QS2: If there is no forticare support license, will I still have to create the account in forticloud?

Answer: It's better to have one to take advantage of the other free features of FortiCloud. However, keep in mind that if you have no license, you will lose FortiGuard Services, but other features, especially for on-prem devices, will be maintained.

Check out this link for more information: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/289376/license-expiration

QS3: from the picture, 4 entitlement is expired and 1 is for register. Which is the most important to do licensing/ renewal first and why?

Answer: Licensing normally comes bundled, but this can be customized based on your needs. I think it would be best if you contact the Customer Service Team about this. You may choose not to include certain entitlements like web filtering, antivirus, and IPS, while also having FortiCare Support.

QS4: How much time will it take for (New license and renewal) the licenses to be added to the fortigate product? (can see it in the fortigate interface)

Answer: Not that long, but they usually suggest waiting at least 30 minutes or more, depending on the situation. Some may suggest waiting 4 hours up to a day.

Best,
Ricky

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @Israt24Fortinet - Let me try to answer all your questions.

Answer: Yes, cos this is where you will register your device and download the .lic file.

Answer: It's better to have one to take advantage of the other free features of FortiCloud. However, keep in mind that if you have no license, you will lose FortiGuard Services, but other features, especially for on-prem devices, will be maintained.

Check out this link for more information: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/289376/license-expiration

Answer: Licensing normally comes bundled, but this can be customized based on your needs. I think it would be best if you contact the Customer Service Team about this. You may choose not to include certain entitlements like web filtering, antivirus, and IPS, while also having FortiCare Support.

Answer: Not that long, but they usually suggest waiting at least 30 minutes or more, depending on the situation. Some may suggest waiting 4 hours up to a day.

Best,
Ricky
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors