Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
malaz
New Contributor

FortiGate Hungs up

Dear Support, I have FortiGate 1000C version (V5.4.6) and recently i have been facing problem with the FortiGate hung up for several times, so we were forced to do hardware restart every time the unit hung up. here is a look for our action:  

[ul]
  • Ping wasn’t available from our network
  • consul login were also not available.After we restarted the FortiGate unit,
  • Console reading started to appear after the restart.
  • Services restored.
  • On FortiGate System Events Log, nothing appears.having in mind that the memory usage was only (20%).   Best regards.[/ul]
  • 3 REPLIES 3
    ede_pfau
    SuperUser
    SuperUser

hi,

and welcome to the forums.

The forums are a self-help platform for and by users of Fortinet products. This is not the official Fortinet support site you are entitled to contact if you have a valid FortiCare contract.

Your situation sound a lot like you're having a hardware issue. You should really contact Support via support.fortinet.com, login with your user credentials you obtainted when you registered your FGT. Ask for technical help and report this issue. Support will probably instruct you to run a series of hardware tests using a HQIP firmware image and go from there, if needs be up to a hardware exchange.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
    Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
    malaz
    New Contributor

hi,

i have tested the FortiGate unit using HQIP image and the test was successful, there was no physical hardware failure, but still the problem was not solved. 

any other suggestions ??

regards.

Fullmoon
    Contributor III

got the same issue last year, it occurred 2-3 times (users unable to ping fortigate 1000C private ip) on the same model running on HA A-A, i tried to reformat the boot device without success. upgraded to 5.6.x seems our Fortigate behaves normally.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors