Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AlastairHill
New Contributor

FortiClient with Active Directory Integration

Hi all,

I have done a write up on integrating FortiClient with Active Directory.  Could you please read and give any suggestions on improvements.

http://www.alastairhill.c...tegration-fortios-5-4/

Regards,

Alastair

6 REPLIES 6
YvesCa
New Contributor III

Hi Alstair

I did not read everything but a thing is very important.

You must download the version of forticlient compatible with your FortiOS version and not the most recent.

Regards

Yves

lmccuistian
New Contributor

Looks good overall, but it may be worth mentioning/reminding people they must create the appropriate policies to ensure users of the VPN can access the network resources they need to access.

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Please always have the FortiOS version your article is based on. Even 5.4 could be obsolete in a year from now.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks to come concerning forticlient version, it 's really should be read the release notes. Also behavior between windows 7 and window8 could be very different than macosx.

And the sameholds true with  ipsec vrs ssl.

Since this thread is about AD integration you should mention ldapsearch and a few diagnostic commands if it fails

e.g

[ul]
  • checking LDAP:// vsr LDAPS://
  • search baseDN
  • authentication failure
  • etc..[/ul]

• PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
    AlastairHill

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have added the version to the post and in the future will do a post on troubleshooting, linking it to the present post.

Thanks again,

Alastair

simple1689
    New Contributor

AlastairHill wrote:

Hi all,

I have done a write up on integrating FortiClient with Active Directory.  Could you please read and give any suggestions on improvements.

https://forti-blog.000webhostapp.com/index.php/2017/03/22/forticlient-with-active-directory-integrat...

Regards,

Alastair

Funny stuff, I just did the SSL VPN setup for Active Directory authentication. The one issue I am having is...when adding my Domain Users into the AD Security Group, the new users cannot access. If I create test AD accounts and add to Group, I can authenticate through the VPN no problem. I have a feeling my users are still logged and are not receiving the proper Security permissions, but I am still trying to narrow down on this. 

Found the issue to be related to the Common Name Identifier. If using CN or left blank, it would use the Display Name to authenticate. Swapped to samAccountName and now can authenticate as the pre-2k login. 

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors