Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Team-IT
New Contributor

FortiClient "more feature" warning

Hi there,

the FortiClient Android (and even the windows version 7.2.4) shows "you need to have a licensed version to access additional features". I totally understand that, but i just need it for SSL VPN and IPSec VPN - so i don't need those additional features. My "customers" are provided with something they believe it's freeware or shareware or even "stolen". Is there a way to supress this message on all Platforms?

5 REPLIES 5
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Team-IT ,

FortiClient has two versions, FortiClient VPN and FortiClient. 

FortiClient application is a paid one. If you want to use this you need to buy a license.

But if you want to just use the VPN feature you can use the FortiClient VPN app. 

You can download it with these links for Android and Apple devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fortinet.forticlient_vpn

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/forticlient-vpn/id1475674905

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Team-IT

Thanks for the reply. I use the FortiClient VPN app. Attached is a screenshot from the app with the message I mean. There is no way to remove this message, right?

forticlientvpn.png

ozkanaltas

Hello @Team-IT ,

I think, there is no option to remove this. Maybe you can talk to your sales representative or customer manager. They can talk about this topic with their internal team and they can make a request about this.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
CatInHat
New Contributor III

In the standard version of FortiClient, you cannot disable these advanced feature warnings. They are built into the program and are displayed if functions that require a license are used. You may need to contact the developers or look for alternative software solutions that do not require these messages to be displayed.

Team-IT

If that was the case than i would totally agree, but i'm sure IPSec VPN and SSL VPN is licensed. Anyhow all employees are getting this warning for no reason, cause we only use it to connect to VPN.

For a techie this message is ok and has no further "impact". But we are going to roll this out to an enormous amount of users and i guess if only 10% complain about that - and they will - cause it's an "unlicensed" version in their eyes. My internal support team will be unreachable for days...

I already know their question: "why do i not get technical support" for something you provide me... ARGH

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors