Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brj
New Contributor

FortiClient V7.2.3 problems after upgrading from V7.2.2

Hello,

We have been using FortiClient V7.2.2.0864 on Windows for a while, utilizing SAML with Microsoft for implementing MFA.

We have however had multiple connection issues, were VPN connections would be unsuccesfull, giving "gateway unreachable" (error code 6005 etc.), and users had to attempt multiple login attempts before getting a succesfull connection.

So I saw that FortiClient V7.2.3.0929 was available.

After upgrading to V7.2.3, every time I try to Connect, it just jumps to the Gear icon tab of the UI ? (see picture).

After this the Home icon disappears and you have to close the application, and re-open for the icon to re-appear.

So I deleted the connection profile, and tried to create a new profile. Pressing the Save button in the profile dialogue, would close the dialogue, but the profile was never really saved and thus not available, in the dropdown menu.

I ended up re-installing V7.2.2.0864, to be able to get a working setup.

Has anybody else had problems with V7.2.3 ?

Could there be a cached data that needs clearing after upgrading ?

Best regards,

Brian 

ForticlientV7.2.3 connection problem.png

7 REPLIES 7
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @brj ,

Have you tried to open Forticlient with "run as administrator" and then save the profile settings and later use it without admin access? Just thinking of Windows UAC is interfering.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
brj
New Contributor

Hello @Sheikh,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just tried to install V7.2.3 again, and this time arround I was able to create new profiles.

However I still am unable to start a new connection, since it still just jumps to the other UI tab when clicking the Connect button.

The difference between my initial installation of V7.2.3 and the second is that the initial install was done via a GPO deployment, and my second installation I did manually using the MSI installer.

But I doubt that this could influence the ability to create new profiles.

regards,

Brian

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @brj ,

It might be possible that the GPO settings are still applied on your computer. run this command on your computer in CMD or Powershell to see which GPOs are applied.

Please ensure to run as admin, otherwise you will only see user GPOs.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
brj
New Contributor

Hello @Sheikh 

Yes the GPO is still active, but it will not alter the installation once it detects that V7.2.3 is newer than then version being deployed via GPO. So that should be fine.

I have no other GPO's that alter settings for the FortiClient.

regards,

Brian

Sheikh

Hello @brj 

I would suggest opening a ticket with Fortinet TAC support and providing them with relevant logs for further investigation.

regards,

Sheikh

brj
New Contributor

Thanks @Sheikh , i will do that.

Michael_Heinrich
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, we had the same problem when I wanted to perform a client update from 7.2.0 to 7.2.3 via FortiEMS.

Many systems worked well, but some didn't.

We have now manually uninstalled the FortiClient using the FC Remover and reinstalled 7.2.0 via the software distribution.

I stopped the update via FortiEMS until further information comes here.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors