Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fohe
New Contributor III

FortiClient SSL VPN SAML Auth Windows 11 Problem

Hi, 

we are using a fortigate 100F Cluster and we want to use ssl vpn with saml authentication to azure. we are using the free forticlient vpn client and on windows 10 it works fine. now we tested it also on windows 11, the authentication with mfa and so on is fine, as soon as the authentication is finished the forti client is showing  the following screen and nothing is happening:

image.png

in this state the vpn is not connected and does not look like the normal "connected" screen, as soon as i click on disconnect and connect again, no authentication and the connection will be established. Does anyone has the same issue and a solution for that? 

we are using forticlient vpn version: 7.2.3.0929

FGT FortiOS version: 7.2.6

best regards
FoHe
6 REPLIES 6
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hi @fohe 

Do you mean when you reconnect it is not asking for authentication but just allowing you in? 

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fohe
New Contributor III

Hi, 

yes its not asking, but this is not the problem, the problem is, that on the first try it stops with the screen in screenshot and is not connecting, i have to click disconnect, and connect again, then its working. the first try is never working, only the second one. (only win 11)

best regards

FoHe

dbu

Does this happen on every Win 11 or you testing with only one device ?
Have you tried to re-install the FortiClient ?

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fohe
New Contributor III

We have it for the moment on 2 of 2 devices. we started first with a physical new notebook, and for testing i installed a fresh windows 11 vm, every setting is on default and it also happens there.  I already reinstalled FCT. 

dbu

Do you see something on FortiClient logs?
Perhaps you need to run packet captures to understand more what happens during first connect. 

Regards!
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @fohe,

Did you test without SAML? Does it connect with first attempt if you use username/password?

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors