Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toastvader
New Contributor

FortiClient Random disconnects

Hi all,

I am encountering an issue with my FortiClient VPN where I am intermittently disconnected. This problem seems to occur randomly; sometimes I can remain connected for 2 to 3 hours without any issues, while other times I am disconnected every few minutes. I have attempted to connect using different ISPs, including LTE and various fibre providers, but the problem persists. It's worth noting that I am only making use of the client and not the EMS.

Currently, I am using version 7.2.2 of FortiClient, while the remote FortiGate is on version 7.2.7. Additionally, I do not use any other VPN software or client.

In an effort to troubleshoot, I have enabled debugging on the client and observed the following output when the connection drops:

FortiClient_Debug.png

If anyone has encountered similar challenges previously, I would be grateful for any insights into what might be causing these connection drops.

Any feedback or suggestions would be highly valued.

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Toastvader,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Toastvader,

To better understand the logs, please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-Interpreting-WSAGetLastError-in-FortiCli...

When did the issue start? Was there any changes such as a Windows update before the issue start? Does it happen to other users? 

Regards, 

Toastvader
New Contributor

Hi HBAC/Anthony_E ,

Our system admin recently implemented some changes to boost our security measures. These alterations included updates to our security policies and the addition of endpoint monitoring applications on our devices.

It seems myself and one other user, out of our group of 12, are experiencing disconnects. The only common factor we've found is that we're using the same laptop model.

Thank you for the information provided. I'll investigate further on my end and discuss this matter with our system admin.

jasnjay

just wanted to check with you was your issue solved? im also having the same issue that users are being disconnected randomly.

markcoupe
New Contributor

We too are seeing a limited number of random disconnects logged as "user requested termination of service" on Forticlient 7.2.3

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors