Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marsmatt
New Contributor

FortiClient Permission Denied -455

Hey Guys, 

Hoping someone can shed some light on this problem I'm having, Google hasn't been much help unfortunately. 

I've set up an SSL-tunnel VPN for users to connect to our network remotely. Everything seems OK for most users, except for 2 of them. Two users receive [style="background-color: #ffff00;"]"Permission Denied -455"[/style] error message when attempting to connect to the VPN with FortiClient. Users credentials are getting checked against an LDAP connection which I know works because other users are having no issues and I've tried their accounts locally inside the network with my FortiClient. Users are also able to login normally when using domain workstations.

Is this more likely a problem with FortiClient or perhaps their home network? I'm currently working on troubleshooting with the users about their home networks, block ports, router configuration, etc...

FortiGate 800C

Firmware 5.2.4 build 688

Thanks for any insight guys.

Cheers,

/Matt

8 REPLIES 8
Chandra_Ayyagari
New Contributor

I have a similar issue with the Forti Client. I tried it at both home and work network but result is same. The funny thing is I was able to use this until last week. Not sure what changed over the weekend.

thanks.

onyangoliech
New Contributor

Hi Matt,

Having the same issue...how did you fix it. The local user works but not the RADIUS authenticated ones. 

Abraham1

Hi,

One year late... Check if you got an address or a local user with the same name as domain username. In my case I had an address with the same name as LDAP user. It was solved after removing it.

adeluna2005

I have the same issue and I have no conflicts because of the names, and i still can not connect using SSL and LDAP users. Just Locals.

adeluna2005

I think that it is something with Windows Server 2016 Security Features buecause it works fine with a Server 2003 with the same configuration... 

matn

I had the same error message -455 after updating my LDAP password and found the reason was that I had my old password stored in the FortiClient Console in the Remote Access tab. Entering the new password there solved the problem for me.

adeluna2005

The reason of my issue was because I didnt put the "sAMAccountName" at Common Name Identifier field. So the UTM was asking for the Display Name and not for the Account Name. now is everything working properly.

Regards.

Toshi_Esumi

Also one of our cases was the user was not allowed "remote access" at Windows AD/LDAP. So direct domain login at the office works but SSL VPN login was rejected.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors