Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lachlan_hughes
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS not updating off net endpoints

Hi all,

We have been using EMS for a while now, and this hasn't annoyed me too much until now.

Our on-net endpoints update minor and major versions without too much hassle

Our "off-net" endpoints only initiate updates when they are connect to VPN (ie listed as On Net). The next problem here, is that once the current version is uninstalled and the user is asked to reboot, the new version is almost never re-installed. This leaves the endpoint without a VPN connection to EMS to grab the new update.

Off-net endpoints do not seem to initiate updates, even though they are all listed as being "connected to onsite EMS".

On the EMS server > Endpoints, I can see the end points have been assigned and sync the correct policy, on-net and off-net profile (both containing the installation for newer version), the installer looks correct (except it is stuck at "Endpoint Notified"), but the FortiClient Version is showing the old version (6.0.3)

Current FCT version: 6.0.3

Updating to version: 6.2.6 (or 6.4.0)

EMS server version: 6.2.6

All the off net laptop I am testing can access the EMS console on port 10443, and can access the /installers directory on port 1443

Any help would be great. Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors