Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
s_bender
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS 6.0 high CPU Load

Hello, everybody, I recently updated to FortiClient EMS 6.0.0 Build 0052. A few days ago I noticed in my monitoring system that since the update to the current FortiClient EMS version the CPU load is constantly around 50 - 55%. According to Windows Task Manager, the CPU load is caused by the Forticlient Enterprise Management Update Agent (FcmUpdateDeamon.exe) process. A restart of the service or a server restart will help to reduce the load at short notice. Unfortunately, the CPU load rises to over 50% after 2 hours at the latest and remains at this level.

4 REPLIES 4
SteveG
Contributor III

I have a test server running EMS 6.0.0 which has one FortiClient registered to it. This test server is also running a constant 50% CPU, it's "FortiClient EM Update Agent (32 bit)" that's using it all.

Given this server is managing a single FC it must be a bug.

Markus
Valued Contributor

Same here, small Instance with 4 managed FCs. 50-60% CPU load after upgrade to 6.0. Seems to be a bug.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
s_bender
New Contributor

The problem with the high cpu load does not seem to occur with my Forticlient EMS server since July 12, 2018. Apart from Windows updates I have not installed any updates on the Fortclient EMS Server. I continue to observe if the problem with the high CPU load occurs again.

SteveG

Interesting, I'll check out my test EMS 6 server. Thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors