Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HungDT
New Contributor II

FortiAnalyzer HA can't work

Dear Everyone,

I have a problem with FortiAnalyzer HA. My lab have two FortiAnalyzers, they are configured HA together. Port 1,2 on FortiAnalyzer01, 02 are configured port aggregation, they are heart beat interface. Port 3 on FortiAnalyzer01, 02 are configured cluster virtual IP. I have successfully configured HA on 2 devices, but when i test HA failover (shutdow FortiAnalyzer01-Primary) then FortiAnalyzer02-Secondary don't change Primary role, I can't ping virtual IP. To provide further clarity on the issue, I attached some images.

Please let me know what happend to my FortiAnalyzers. 

Thank everyone so much.

Best Regards,

lab.jpglab1.jpglab2.jpglab3.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

It seems your vrrp didn't work.

Are port3 on the two FAZs on the same L2?

Did you try manually set FAZ1 as primary?

AEK
AEK
HungDT
New Contributor II

Yes, port3 on the two FAZs are the same L2.

- I have set FAZ01 as primary but shutdown FAZ01 then FAZ02 doesn't change primary. the picture below is the status HA of FAZ02 after shutting down FAZ01. If you know the problem, please let me know. Thank you very much.

HA status_FAZ02.jpgHA_status1_FAZ02.jpg

dbu
Staff
Staff

Additionally to what @AEK  said. 
Can you access the secondary node from CLI ? Can you verify the HA status from there ? 

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
HungDT
New Contributor II

Yes, I have inserted the picture below. if you know the problem or need information , let me know. Thank you very much. 

HA status_FAZ02.jpgHA_status1_FAZ02.jpg

AEK

Hi

Can you try replace the current HA port with a non-aggregated port?

AEK
AEK
HungDT
New Contributor II

I tried but it doesn't work. It is so bad. I don't know why. 

HungDT
New Contributor II

Hi @AEK,

Do you have any ideas for my lab ? I have tried more methods but it doesn't work.

Thanks

AEK

Hello @HungDT 

Following tech tip seems a good troubleshooting technique for your case.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Troubleshooting-Tip-How-to-troubleshoot-FortiAnalyze...

It is said that the tech tip if for Google Cloud's FAZ but I think it is applicable for any FAZ (I can see the faz-ha.log file on my FAZ).

You need to enable shell access first, then simulate a failover and check if any relevant logs in faz-ha.log.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors