Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BlueP
New Contributor II

FortiAP blocking specific user from connecting to specific access point

Hello Team,

i appreciate your usual support and assistance, now I'm implementing FortiAP instead of CiscoAP, however, I would need a way to block for example specific user/MAC address or IP from connecting to a specific AP, Let's break it down (2 AP with the same SSID and the user could reach both of them normally)

I need to force him to connect to a specific access point and not to connect to the second one, 

N.B: I've tried the disassociated option but it let him connect to the access point again based on the frequency, speed, dPm, and so on.

3 REPLIES 3
pminarik
Staff
Staff

What is the purpose of this?
For example, if the idea is just to connect to a specific AP for some testing, you could simply create a new temporary SSID and broadcast it exclusively from the desired AP, then have the specific client connect to it.

[ corrections always welcome ]
BlueP
New Contributor II

I often encounter situations where users experience internet disruptions or connect to a distant access point, despite having a nearby access point in their room. Whenever I disassociate them from the distant access point to connect them to the closest one, it reverts back to the old one. so I'm asking how could i do that.

pminarik

Thank you for the clarification!

I'm not an AP expert so I'll leave this for others to chime in. (my impression so far was that in situations like these usually there's some config tweaks involved such as lowering the transmission power of various APs)

[ corrections always welcome ]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors