Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

FortiAP: LED Enable Schedule not working?

Hi All,

We are setting up a new Virtual FortiGate for use as WLC, and I have enabled Advanced Wireless Features.

1: The GUI in FG 7.0.n - 7.4.2 has a time-display bug:

When running on 24-h system, editing a schedule still show time as 12-h am/pm input in the schedule editor.

Time shown in Schedule List:

FG Schedule List.png

Time shown in Editor:

FG Schedule Edit.png

Time shown in CLI, when editing Schedules there, is in 24h format.. 

2: Time Schedules does not seem to manage the FortiAP LED's?

First off: The schedule seems to control when the LED's are ON - right?

Second: When I enable LED Enable and set a schedule, it seems that the LED's does not turn on/off within the minute of the time set. 
If I set a schedule, that turn off the LED's, they turn off instantly, same if I remove the schedule so the LED's turn on.
When the schedule then hit the target time to tunr on/off the LED's, it's not happening.. at least not within the same minute..
So, to understand this:
Is this schedule pushed to the AP's and they individually handle the schedule, or is this managed by the FG/WLC?

It seems a bit 'flacky' at the moment.. and we REALLY would like this to work on a new hotel installation :) 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Jakob Peterhänsel,IT System Admin,Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
1 Solution
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

Update:
FortiAP's does not have any local scheduler, so all these are handled by the FortiGate/Manager.
Make sure it's in the right time zone and time is in sync (obviously..)

The GUI of the 'time picker' does not follow the system time zone/localization: 'bug'.

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

Ok, quick followup!

The vFortiGate's time zone was not set correctly.. :p  after setting that, it seems to work when the schedule should execute.
That also seems to point in the direction, that it's the FG that execute the schedule?

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
ebilcari

Yes, the scheduler should be run from FGT, there is no scheduled time in AP configuration, only the LED state is shown:

FortiAP-421E # cfg -s

LED_STATE:=2

Using the 24h format in CLI is easier, the GUI uses AM/PM to be more user friendly.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Jakob-AHHG

Hi @ebilcari 
OK, thanks... 

And no, outside the US, 12H GUI is not 'more user friendly'.. ;) 
And System: Settings: show the time in 24H when you set the time zone to a 24H location..
Would be great, it the time editor in GUI is 'in sync' with the location.. 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
ebilcari

Personally I would also prefer 24h format everywhere when it is related to configurations just to avoid any possible confusion, I thought you were asking to add AM/PM format support in CLI :)

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

Update:
FortiAP's does not have any local scheduler, so all these are handled by the FortiGate/Manager.
Make sure it's in the right time zone and time is in sync (obviously..)

The GUI of the 'time picker' does not follow the system time zone/localization: 'bug'.

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors