Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FedeS
New Contributor II

Forti token on secondary firewall in HA configuration

Hello, I have two firewalls Fortigate model 60E in HA.

I have 2 tokens each, 4 tokens in total.

I would like to know if I can use all 4 tokens 

I read to do this I have to delete the tokens on secondary FW, and then reimport them on the primary, in this way I can see all my 4 tokens on primary firewall, is it right? 

Thank you!

2 Solutions
ozkanaltas

Hello @FedeS ,

You can check if your FortiToken is trial or licensed with these commands. If you see the value starts with "FTMTRIAL" in the set license area. It means this token is a trial token

config user fortitoken
edit <Your_FortiToken_Serial_Number>
show
end

For example, my trial token looks like this. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ozkanaltas

Hello @FedeS ,

These trial tokens do not have any expiration date. All FortiGate units come with two free tokens. But these tokens are not transferable. You can use it just with that unit. 

Also, these tokens are different than FortiToken Cloud. FortiToken Cloud has a subscription-based license model. FortiToken Mobile has a perpetual license model. 

If you want to get more information about FortiToken models. You can read below documents.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiToken_Cloud.pdf

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortitoken.pdf

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
5 REPLIES 5
rbraha
Staff
Staff

Hi @FedeS 

I believe that these 2 tokens are trial tokens from each FGT when newly purchased every device has 2 trial token that can be used.

In HA these trial tokens cannot be used or moved from one FGT to another FGT SN.

If you have additional FTM license this license can be moved to primary FGT when HA is in place but these 2 trial tokens cannot be moved.

FedeS
New Contributor II

Hello @rbraha,

thank you for reply!

I think the cloud tokens are trial tokens, but the mobile token are licensed token.

How can I see if this is trial o licensed tokens?

ozkanaltas

Hello @FedeS ,

You can check if your FortiToken is trial or licensed with these commands. If you see the value starts with "FTMTRIAL" in the set license area. It means this token is a trial token

config user fortitoken
edit <Your_FortiToken_Serial_Number>
show
end

For example, my trial token looks like this. 

image.png

FedeS
New Contributor II

Hello @ozkanaltas, 

My tokens start with FTKM and the license starts with FTMTRIAL...as your

Therefore do I have trial tokens? If yes, What is it the expairation date? 

Thank you!

ozkanaltas

Hello @FedeS ,

These trial tokens do not have any expiration date. All FortiGate units come with two free tokens. But these tokens are not transferable. You can use it just with that unit. 

Also, these tokens are different than FortiToken Cloud. FortiToken Cloud has a subscription-based license model. FortiToken Mobile has a perpetual license model. 

If you want to get more information about FortiToken models. You can read below documents.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiToken_Cloud.pdf

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortitoken.pdf

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors