Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
recha
New Contributor III

Forti LACP with several switch Huawei

Hello,

I have a simple question:

Is it possible to connect a LACP interface (of 8 ports) to several different switch?

To be more precise, i have 4 switch behind my ha-forti-101E (so 2 ports of LACP interface are connected to 1 switch).

On this 4 switch, i've got 2 of them stacked.

So, at logical level, i have 3 switch.

From port 13 to 16, it's connected to the 2 stacked switch => no problem, when i check their status, it's good, the lacp state is established.

But for the other port, it's pending at "negociating".

port 9 & 10 are connected to one switch.

port 11 & 12 are connected to the last one.

Can someone already tried this type de configuration please?

6 REPLIES 6
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If they are a  true stack than yes,  this is doable. I would double check if you can do  8 member  bundle on a 101E  tho.

Why 8 ports ? Do you think  you need that level of redundancy? Your not going to get  8gig if I had to guess  ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
recha
New Contributor III

Hi Emnoc,

No, i know i'm not going to have 8Gb bandwidth ^^

According to this kb, 8 ports in 802.ad interface is possible http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=11640

8 is just redanduncy and the landing in a defective switch...

So, in my case, it's not possible to have an LACP interface with 8 ports connected to 3 different logical switch, can you confirm...is that it ?

Thanks for your help

ede_pfau

I can confirm that you can run an LACP trunk from a FGT HA pair to a pair of stacked switches running ComOS (HP A5900 series, ex-Huawei). IMHO your design doesn't make too much sense. I've never seen a stack of switches (of 2 switches) fed from separate power feeds die at the same time. That is, HP/H3C/3Com switches, ComOS v5 and v7.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I never seen more than 2x ports in a LACP from Huawei personally, but I have done a 4x 1GIGE bundle  two a 2960S stack ( one interface per-switch )

if a limit exist it will be either on the FGT aide as maybe you can't do  8x LACP members or the huwawei side of things

FWIW, I never seen a 8 member  LACPbundle to anything in my life. Give it a try and let's us know what comes up ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

LACP bundles can have up to 8 ports bundled in ComOS.

BTW, the 2960S is a Cisco switch, right?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes the  2960S  is a 2906 layer2 and stackable.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors