Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
suryachintu
New Contributor

Format Procedure

Hi,

Could you suggest me on Format procedure of FortiManager 400B?

Currently no nodes on this box. Basically I wanna format it and upload latest firmware image and then add nodes.

Regards

Surya

7 REPLIES 7
lkorbasiewicz_FTNT

Hi,

You can use CLI command "execute format disk" to format a data disk or "execute reset all-settings" to bring it to factory default state. You can use normal upgrade process before formatting / resetting to have latest firmware installed. 

Best Regards,

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support 

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support

suryachintu
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the information..which is helpful. However , You says "You can use normal upgrade process before formatting / resetting to have latest firmware installed"

Our FortiManager 400B is currently running with v4.0-build0408 110811 (MR2 Patch 7), could you suggest latest version and upgrade path please?

Regards

Surya

lkorbasiewicz_FTNT

For upgrade informatoin please review our Upgrade Guide http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortimanager-522-upgrade

Best Regards,

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support 

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support

suryachintu

this document says : FortiManager version 5.2.2 supports upgrade from version 5.2.0 and 5.2.1.

I'm looking for upgrade path from V4 MR2 Patch 7 to 5.2.2 ... I can't find this information on any document.

lkorbasiewicz_FTNT

It is in document I previously posted. Beginning from page 8 you have whole upgrade table to and from any version with compatible devices.

Best Regards,

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support 

suryachintu wrote:

this document says : FortiManager version 5.2.2 supports upgrade from version 5.2.0 and 5.2.1.

I'm looking for upgrade path from V4 MR2 Patch 7 to 5.2.2 ... I can't find this information on any document.

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support

suryachintu

Thanks ... I didn't check that sorry.

suryachintu

Firmware Version      Build Number                   Upgrade From                                  FortiOS Version Support 5.2.2                         0706                5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.2                                                                5.0.6, 5.0.7, 5.0.8, 5.0.9,5.0.10                    5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3,5.0.4 to 5.0.10                                                                                                                            4.3.2 to 4.3.8

It may be silly question but I want to make sure everything before I go ahead and do upgrade, What does "FortiOS Version Support " means .. does it mean Nodes (Fortigates) FortiOS version?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors