Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Falcon
New Contributor II

Fabric Management Loading Forever After Upgrading to 7.2.4

I've two different FortiGate 80F firewalls with the exact same problem. I tried to update to 7.2.5 from 7.2.3, it only successfully made it to 7.2.4 and now my Fabric Management screens show two loading circles that never go anywhere and are unusable.

I upgraded from 7.2.3 to 7.2.4 about two days ago. I told it to upgrade me to 7.2.5 and go step by step rather than jumping straight to 7.2.5. It did the update for 7.2.4 and rebooted, but I noticed that an error message popped up after that that said the upgrade to 7.2.5 failed do to not being able to reboot. I rebooted it myself and it came back up fine as 7.2.4. Now when I go to the Fabric Management screen it just shows two loading circles that never complete. I have let them run for several days now. I have also tried manually rebooting again to see if the problem goes away.

What can I do to get the loading to stop so that I can get these updated to 7.2.5?

9 REPLIES 9
Shilpa1
Staff
Staff

Hello Falcon,

1.  Have you tried accessing Fabric Management screens using a different browser or in incognito/private mode.

2.You can try to restart the GUI process by running the below CLI command.
# fnsysctl killall httpsd

This command will kill the HTTPS daemon process, which is responsible for serving the GUI. Once the process is restarted, you can try accessing the GUI again to see if the loading issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Shilpa C.P

KRAK3N
New Contributor II

Greetings,

I have the same problem with Falcon.

I tried your solutions but they did not work. Do you have any other solution to suggest?

RenoIT
New Contributor

Just had the same issue. We set up a TFTP server and then followed this guide.

Upgrading the firmware via the CLI (fortinet.com)

EDIT: Just spoke to a very knowledgeable person who advised that you should always download new firmware from Fortinet and upload it to the box rather than downloading via the GUI. 

KRAK3N
New Contributor II

Greetings, in order to unstuck the GUI in Fabric Management, i runed the following in the CLI and it worked right afterwards.

execute federated-upgrade cancel

Give it a try and try the update button instead of fabric update

Falcon
New Contributor II

Great suggestion. This did fix the issue with the infinite loading screen but I am still getting the "Cannot reboot device" error when trying to complete the upgrade from 7.2.4.to 7.2.5. I've tried running it and then manually rebooting but the error returns each time I try to upgrade.

KRAK3N
New Contributor II

Hello Falcon, have you tried do the update via the update button and not the fabric update?

The update button is next to fabric update 

Falcon
New Contributor II

Unfortunately that button is greyed out and unclickable for me.

jweaver
New Contributor

Maybe you have solved this already, but you first need to select the device in the bottom pane before the Upgrade button becomes clickable.

Thanks for sharing the `execute federated-upgrade cancel` command. That unstuck me from the infinite loading on the Fabric Management page, and I was able to complete the upgrade.

mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Do you see any warning "Unable to reach FortiGuard servers" on the dashboard?
Please check if you are able to ping FortiGuard  and if DNS was working fine.

BR,

Manosh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors