Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
A_MAHER
New Contributor

FORTIGATE 401 WEB FILTRING

Hi All,

I have issue with web filter, I blocked shopping category and I tried to add an exception for a specific web site, so I added this link to URL filter to allow this traffic,

the site already opened but unable to load any content in this site like photos, to solve this issue I must allow entire category which is not what I need to do. 

1.png2.png3.png

2 Solutions
ebilcari

I found this internal article that has some more details related to it, you can also identify the URL that are being blocked from the FGT. In case you need help from browser inspection you can refer to their respective site, this example is for chrome.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

ebilcari

I haven't payed attention but the source tab can identify each domain/url the website uses to load it's content. You have to add each domain in the list as exception in order for this webpage to load completely. Some domain may not be crucial and may affect only small insignificant part of the website, so in some cases there is no need to add them all.

sources.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Usually complex pages use more than one URL to load the complete content of the page. Some of the web pages will use CDN for their media content.

One quick way to identify all the external link a web page uses is through inspection in a browser:

ulre.PNG

After applying the URL filter, some of the blocked resources will be shown in red. You have to manually add those URL/domain also in the exception list.

- Emirjon
A_MAHER

thanks for your reply, can you provide more details about how to solve this issue.

ebilcari

I found this internal article that has some more details related to it, you can also identify the URL that are being blocked from the FGT. In case you need help from browser inspection you can refer to their respective site, this example is for chrome.

- Emirjon
ebilcari

I haven't payed attention but the source tab can identify each domain/url the website uses to load it's content. You have to add each domain in the list as exception in order for this webpage to load completely. Some domain may not be crucial and may affect only small insignificant part of the website, so in some cases there is no need to add them all.

sources.PNG

- Emirjon
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @A_MAHER 

Do you have any browser extensions installed ? If yes try to disable them one by one and check. Moreover have you tried to open website in "incognito" mode or after clearing browser cache ?

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors