Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

FMG: Wifi Maps, how do I link/sync to FortiGate

Hi All,

We are deploying a full-forti-site, with FortiAP's.

We have a VirtualFG installed and configured, AP's signing in (Thanks DHCP Option config!) and are now starting to make WiFi Floor Maps.

1: Maps from FortiGate does not sync to Manager

If I create Floor Maps in FortiGate WLC, they do not sync back to FortiManager - why?

2: Maps created in Manager does not puch to FG.

If I create WiFi Floor Maps in Manager, there does not seem to be any link to what FortiGate the maps are for, so they does not sync from FGM to FG.

Even after putting AP's on the maps, there is no 'link' from that map to the FG that manage the AP's.. 

Can anyone tell me what the thoughs about this is?!?

Do I really have to create maps on both platforms, that I need to manage two places?!?

3: AP Placement on FGM Google Maps?

That is only the 'general location' from the FortiGate, not by AP.. it seems..?

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Jakob Peterhänsel,IT System Admin,Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
1 Solution
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Currently it is not possible to synchronize transfer the map between FortiGate and FortiManager. I would suggest to create the Floor map only on FortiManager, to have a single place.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Currently it is not possible to synchronize transfer the map between FortiGate and FortiManager. I would suggest to create the Floor map only on FortiManager, to have a single place.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Jakob-AHHG

OK.. that is 'sad'.. but we can hope it's coming ... ;) 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Jakob-AHHG

Could you ask if it's in the Roadmap, since Wifi Maps is in the Manager and it looks like there 'just' needs to be a link to what FortiGate it's assosiated with..?

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
ebilcari

It would be nice to have it. I checked internally and didn't find any request for this feature, so I would suggest to submit a NFR over your local Fortinet representatives.

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors