Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gary_Hahn
New Contributor

FAP-C220C "type" not available in FortiGate 60E running FortiOS v5.6.3 build1547 (GA)

I found the magic to make the FAP-C24JE work in the FortiGate with the "set fapc-compatibility enable" command, but this command did not make the FAP-C220C work or even become available in the FortiGate.   What gives?  It's the latest available build...

Thanks!

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
bandersen_FTNT

Hi Gary

The FAP-C product line isn't generally supported on the FGT (outside China and Singapore), only on FortiCloud.

/Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

Gary_Hahn

Hmm, thanks for the response, but...  How would one know this, if true?  It was available for purchase from our distributor without question, and the data sheets don't warn of this.   Also, do you have any documentation on the this?   Also, the part number ends in -A (if that indicates Americas, not sure).

bandersen_FTNT

Hi Gary

If you look at our Product Matrix here: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/Fortinet_Wireless_Product_Matrix.pd...

you will see that the section with our FAP-C product is named "FortiAP-C, Cloud-managed Access Points"

and hence only supported using FortiCloud. Yes -A covers America for country code so this has to match the platform profile used in FortiCloud.   I do agree that it seems confusion, but I hope this clarifies the situation.   Best Regards Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors