Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
stewarta
New Contributor

Extension to extension voice issues on hosted phones fed off Fortiswitch

We recently converted to a new cloud hosted phone solution with Sinch in our office and sense doing so I have had reports of intermittent issues with garbled voice on calls between extensions in the office. All our phones are fed PoE individually from the same Fortiswitch 448F. There are no issues at all with incoming or outgoing external calls which I've dealt with relating to SIP ALG on the Fortigates. With this issue the RTP traffic handling the voice doesn't route through the firewall and I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the issue. We resell and support this product with numerous other business customers and I have yet to hear about an issue like this so I was hoping someone might have some suggestions or feedback on this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello stewarta,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello stewarta,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

samundson
New Contributor

Thank you! For some reason I had to sign up for the community account again, so my username is slightly different now. Any help on the issue is appreciated.

Stewart Amundson
Stewart Amundson
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Stewart,

At least we can recognize your picture :D!

I will find an expert to help you!

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

So here is the answer from the expert:

"Are the VOIP phones connected on the same VLAN?  If routing is involved we need to investigate this from the FortiGate point of view,  It is better to get a TAC case running for this issue: https://support.fortinet.com/welcome/#/".

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Anthony.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors