Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PeterSkjødt
New Contributor II

Error when upgrading to FortiClient 7.2.3.0929

Hi!

I am trying to upgrade FortiClient 7.2.2.0864 to FortiClient 7.2.3.0929. I have never encountered any problems upgrading FortiClient before, but in this case I am unable to do this on Windows Server 2019. It works fine on Windows Server 2022. I am able to upgrade if I run the installation as an admin, but not as system. And I must admit, I would prefer to not upgrade FortiClient manually on 50+ servers.

The error I get is the msi 1723 error.

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_InstallFCTServices, entry: MSI_InstallFCService, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIFAAA.tmp

Do you guys have any idea? I am puzzled as to why this is only a problem when upgrading as system, and on a Windows Server 2019.

1 Solution
PeterSkjødt
New Contributor II

We updated to 7.2.4.0972, and there is no problem with this version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
spoojary
Staff
Staff

Try the following:

1. Turn off Anti-Virus during installation
  2. Try to login with different Windows user profile.
  3. Go into c:\users\"username"\AppData\Local
  4. Right click on "temp" and choose "properties".
  5. Choose "security" --> edit --> add, and add the username you are using
  6.  Give yourself all rights.
  7. Apply and Ok
Siddhanth Poojary
PeterSkjødt
New Contributor II

I have tried to disable management of FortiClient, but this didn't do the trick.
The problem occurs when I try to upgrade using 'system', and so I have tried to look at the permissions on C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local but of course 'system' have permission on everything there.

PeterSkjødt
New Contributor II

We updated to 7.2.4.0972, and there is no problem with this version.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors