Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lowprofile
New Contributor

Dual WAN scenario - without NAT! Possible? virtual-wan-link

Hi

Nice to see this community being active. I hope I can get my question solved here. I am coming from opensource firewall PFsense, but due stability issues i decided to go commercial. 

I have a fortigate 1000C and trying to get dual WAN to work as i am used to.

I would like to have dual WAN redundancy with load balancing like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRajFKAdflU

- but without NAT. is that possible?

My ip network. We dont use NAT at all since all ip's are static public ips.

From my ISP i am having 2 links which is WAN1 and WAN2

both having same default gateway since it is redundant from their side.

WAN1: 130.130.130.35 WAN2: 130.130.130.36 Default gateway: 130.130.130.33 We are having 2 subnets like 80.81.82.126/27 (port3) and 160.160.160.126/27 (port4) which is getting routed to 130.130.130.34 (vip? virtual-wan-link?)

Now how can I give the virtual-wan-link interface this ip according to the video, so i can utilize the loadbalancing with failover as well? my routed networks can only go trough .34 which in my theory should be the virtual-wan-link interface. but i cant assign the interface an ip.

Normally (in pfsense) i used to just add an ip (VIP) on the interface CARP interface... or do i need to change wan1 to .34 ? then how would routed subnets go trough .36 if failover?

and if this is not possible how can i have these 2 WAN running failover? Must I add static routes with priority?

I am looking for the best solution for dual wan with load sharing WITHOUT NAT. if that is not possible , how can i make use of wan redundancy when having in mind i also have the routed subnets which should work... everything without NAT

Hoping to hear from you.

1 REPLY 1
lowprofile
New Contributor

I would like to pay if there is someone out there who can assist me.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors