Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Saintzev
New Contributor

DNS Error on Fortigate brand new 100E

Hi, im having a trouble on a fortinet 100E which doesnt allow me to resolve DNS i tried with a few publics even private DNS and none of them works actually i've a fortinet 80C and its fully functional which i do is MANUALLY copy the whole rules services ports static routes and everything  but still saying on browser DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG, so now im stuck 

because the config is EXACTLY the same of my currently active 80C but doesnt work, could anyone help me ? :(

11 REPLIES 11
peter1122

I am getting the same error. Please help.

Liviagreig
New Contributor

Saintzev wrote:

Hi, im having a trouble on a fortinet 100E which doesnt allow me to resolve DNS i tried with a few publics even private DNS and none of them works actually i've a fortinet 80C and its fully functional which i do is MANUALLY copy the whole rules services ports static routes and everything  but still saying on browser DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG, so now im stuck 

because the config is EXACTLY the same of my currently active 80C but doesnt work, could anyone help me ? :(

I would suggest you to try changing DNS server settings and then check for the error I am sure it will resolve the issue. Here you'll get step by step process to do it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors