Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Karar
New Contributor

DHCP on Fortilink subinterfaces

Greetings all,

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do here is out of the realm of possibility for Fortinet gear but basically I have created a Fortilink between a fortigate 60E and a Fortiswitch FS124E-FPOE and my assumption is that for all the vlan's that I want to appear on that switch - I should build out sub interfaces on the Fortilink interface but I can't get it working.

For example vlan 2 = management so on the Fortilink interface I create a new interface (.2) and create a DHCP server on that subinterface, then I connect a laptop to a physical port on that switch and make the native vlan vlan 2 and create an allow any any from subinterface 2 to the internet and my assumption has been that because it's on a vlan that has a DHCP server running the laptop should just grab DHCP, then it should hit the rules and the Fortigate should send the internet traffic out the WAN interface. It just won't work (I come from a very extensive Cisco / Juniper / Palo background so perhaps I'm thinking about it wrong).

In Cisco terms I'm trying to use the Fortilink interface as the trunk with sub interfaces being the ones that I want to drop my traffic on (about 7 vlans in all).

Thanks in advance.

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Karar
New Contributor

This turned out to be an incorrect cable - this site is about 4500kms from where I am and the folks on site told me they had done one thing but had done another, the scenario I had described and the config used were fine. This is a cool feature.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors