Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

DHCP - configure options for IP assignment

Hello,

I have an SSID set up on my AP that is only password protected. I've set the new DHCP server to Fortigate. School laptops and tablets connect to this SSID. However, my wifi password has been leaked to the world and I would like to ask...
Can I use the DHCP options to set the IP address assignment? If I know that my laptops were made in a series and therefore have the same start of mac address, can I use Option 60 to give the devices with the specified start of mac address an IP Address? Alternatively, if the laptops and tablets are named similarly could I do the same using Option 12?
Did I understand this correctly?
Thank you for the answer.

1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

I don't think this can be a good solution, any one can change its MAC and its hostname and I guess the students will all know the trick in the next couple of days.

I think NAC is the best solution for that.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

I don't think this can be a good solution, any one can change its MAC and its hostname and I guess the students will all know the trick in the next couple of days.

I think NAC is the best solution for that.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors