Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ldailles
New Contributor

Connect forticlient in command line

Hello,

I would like to connect and disconnect the client ssl vpn FortiClient in command line. I would like to connect the vpn before backup and disconnect after the backup.

How do i do  ?

Thanks to your answers.

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_McMullan

I grabbed this screenshot from mine.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

liquid
New Contributor

Also very interested in possibility.

Anybody got a hint?

ldailles wrote:

Hello,

I would like to connect and disconnect the client ssl vpn FortiClient in command line. I would like to connect the vpn before backup and disconnect after the backup.

How do i do  ?

Thanks to your answers.

Best regards

Christopher_McMullan

Check out the image I attached to my previous post. It shows the CLI syntax you would use to perform all the available operations.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

markonans

Good post,  thanks for info.  Would be great if you could send the password as well. 

Assume this isnt something that can be done? 

marko@ubuntu:~$ pwd /home/marko

marko@ubuntu:~$ /opt/forticlient-sslvpn/64bit/forticlientsslvpn_cli connect --server test.com.au:443 --vpnuser testaccount --keepalive Password for VPN: STATUS::Setting up the tunnel STATUS::Connecting... STATUS::Login succeed STATUS::Starting PPPd STATUS::Initializing tunnel STATUS::Connecting to server STATUS::Connected Press Ctrl-C to quit STATUS::Tunnel running

marko@ubuntu:/opt/forticlient-sslvpn/64bit$ uname -a Linux ubuntu 4.4.0-42-generic #62-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 23:11:45 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors