Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ighil_khaled
New Contributor

Configuring FortiMail Relay for Separated Domain Scenario

Hello Fortinet Community,

I am reaching out for assistance regarding the configuration of FortiMail in a scenario where our internal domain is different from our external domain. Our internal domain is domain.lan, while the external domain is domain.com.

We have a mail server named mail.domain.lan within our internal network, serving internal users whose email addresses follow the format user@domain.lan. However, we require incoming emails from external sources to be directed to user@domain.com.

I'm seeking advice on whether it's possible to configure FortiMail to relay external emails to our internal network while converting the domain suffix from domain.com to domain.lan (see picture).

Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.fortimail.png

Best regards,

IGHIL Khaled

FortiMail 

1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Khaled

I don't think such suffix conversion exists on FML.

I remember I've already seen one company had at the same time two mail domains but the second was a kind of alias of the first. So I think the solution would be to do something similar (add domain.com as alias) then forward the incoming mail as is (to: user@domain.com) to your internal server.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors