Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Cisco switch and FortiAuthenticator RADIUS port 1645

Hello FortiAuthenticator admins

I try configure my Cisco switch C3750 to send RADIUS requests to 1812 but it doesn't keep it, the config remains sending on port 1645, I don't know why, probably old firmware, and upgrade is not an option.

Since this is not a Cisco forum I'll not ask how to force it to accept 1812, but how to configure my FortiAuthenticator 6.5.4 to listen to RADIUS request on both 1812 and 1645 at the same time (1812 must remain for other devices).

AEK
AEK
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @AEK ,

You can't achieve this request. Because FortiAuthenticator supports listen just one port for Radius service. I faced this issue before and I used a workaround solution for that. I configured the dnat object on Firewall. After that, I redirected all 1645 requests to this DNAT IP.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
AEK

Indeed that a good workaround. Thanks Ozkan!

AEK
AEK
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Found the issue, it was me! I was wrong in Cisco command to declare a RADIUS server. Just a noob's mistake.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors