Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ciscokid1903
New Contributor

Cisco VPN Client with Fortigate IPSEC client vpn configuration

Currently we use Cisco ASAs for terminating remote client VPNs. We are looking to move this functionality over to our FortiGates, however we would ideally like to keep the cisco vpn client software installed on user PCs as they are now very familiar with this software. Does anyone have any pointers as to what is required to set this up on the FortiGate?
5 REPLIES 5
mhe
Contributor II

I' ve tried this a few years ago - it wasn' t successful. I switched then to the (old and much nicer) Forticlient; today I would go with Greenbow or ShrewSoft. martin
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The cisco vpnclient works fine with the fortigates. As a matter of fact, it also works with pfsense and halon.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Maik
New Contributor II

works fine today. use 4.3 or 5.0 and " mode-cfg" from the cli is your friend.
ciscokid1903
New Contributor

Thanks for the input. Got it working.. the bit that kicked it in to place on the Cisco Client was setting the transport protocol to UDP rather than TCP. once that setting was changed it all worked nicely.
gatorHeel
New Contributor

Was any other Cisco dial-up client configuration required for IPsec connections to Fortigate? We have a traditional forticlient dial-up configuration as well one that works with IPsec on iOS products but can' t get the Cisco dial-up client to work. The only Cisco Client configuration we' re using is the group user, password and UDP, but we get the following error when we place a test user in either of our fortigate user groups: phase 2 error: no matching gateway for new request
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors