Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ldd3
New Contributor II

Broken official Forticlient VPN .deb package (7.0.7.0246)

Hi, I just downloaded the Forticlient VPN from the official downloads site (https://www.fortinet.com/support/product-downloads#vpn) but I could not install it because the package seems to be broken:

$ sudo dpkg -i forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb

(Reading database ... 420312 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking forticlient (7.0.7.0246) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): cannot copy archive member from 'forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb' to decompressor pipe: unexpected end of file or stream
dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive 'forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb' (size=88084606) member 'data.tar': lzma error: internal error (bug)
dpkg-deb: error: <decompress> subprocess returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing archive forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb (--install):
cannot copy extracted data for './opt/forticlient/gui/FortiClient-linux-x64/FortiClient' to '/opt/forticlient/gui/FortiClient-linux-x64/FortiClient.dpkg-new': unexpected end of file or stream
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1.1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu5) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70+nmu1ubuntu1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
forticlient_vpn_7.0.7.0246_amd64.deb

Why would this fail? If the package is actually broken, could you please upload a new one that actually works?

By the way, I use Ubuntu 23.04 and apt-get install /GUI package installer failed as well.

3 REPLIES 3
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

I am getting same error, the file seems broken and we have reported this to the concerned teams.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

The site is updated with a new package file, size 129 MB (135,766,978 bytes). Can you test the new package.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

allaudin
New Contributor

@srajeswaranthe .deb file is still old in download section. It's 16MB in size.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors