Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mkc2799
New Contributor

Blocking Disney+

Any advice on blocking Disney+? With it just out, Fortinet has not created an application signature yet and for some reason, I cannot see any traffic details as I try to figure out what it is using. I work at a school and the students are streaming away!

7 REPLIES 7
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Looks like the site itself was recently added under the web filter Fortiguard category "Streaming Media and Download", though do not know what other domains/ports are used by the service itself.  You may have better luck blocking it via web filter/fortiguard.  Mind you, you should use FortiView and drill down to the individual sessions of a device that is streaming/using the service just to see what is blocked/allowed through.  The site itself uses a wildcard security certificate, so if your fgt is not using deep packet inspection, try blocking it wildcard web filter (via "*.disneyplus.com").

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
bbilut
New Contributor III

It would be nice if Fortiguard would release an application signature. I assume it will be coming.

emarzuaga

Did blocking it via wildcard web filter ("*.disneyplus.com") worked fot you? It's not working for me.

tomhinne
New Contributor

Actually I am just the opposite, I would like to open up Disney+.  I can't seem to do it.  Any ideas people?

bbilut
New Contributor III

I'm going to guess that you're going to have to exempt it from deep packet inspection. I'm thinking it's not happy with that. We had the same issue... people were complaining that it wasn't working. I didn't want to allow it, so I just blocked the URL.

mgonnord
New Contributor

I found after chatting with Disneyplus support that in order for Disney+ to bypass the firewall the following need to be whitelisted

- disney-plus.net

- disneyplus.com

- disneyplus.com.ssl.sc.omtrdc.net

- dssott.com

Happy Holidays!

GrantWilson

Hello,

We had an issue at school the other day. We wanted to allow all YouTube videos, but block the Streaming Media category (it worked well with Palo Alto Networks a couple of month ago). But the main task was to deny access to all video files on Disney+

I contacted Disneyplus support and they sent me the broader list of the urls.

BR,

Grant

Tutorial: How to allow YouTube video access but block the Streaming Media category hireessaywriter

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors