Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Elisup
New Contributor

Blocked IP

Hi,

I have a server that can't go out to the internet, VMs hosted on it are working properly so I suspect that something is blocking the servers IP, if I change the ip it works fine, any suggestion on how to find what's blocking it? Thanks 

Eli

5 REPLIES 5
orani
Contributor II

There might be a bunch of reasons.

Check if you have configured a dns on your server and also check if there is a policy allowing that kind of traffic

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
Elisup
New Contributor

There is dns on the server and it's working, also I don't have any policy preventing it from reaching the internet. I have another server within the same range, also a host and it's working without issues

how can I monitor the IP to see if something is blocking a specific IP.

Thanks 

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Ali.

Are we talking about a vmhost server (with VMs) behind a fgt - VMs can connect to the Internet, but not the VMhost itself?  Standard troubleshooting should applied - what host/network info (subnet mask/default gateway) is configured on the VMs vs the VMhost - Can you ping each other IP (VMhost vs FGT)?  From the fgt side, are both the VMhost and VMs in the same subnet?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Elisup

Dave,

Yes it's VMhost server, both hosts on the same subnet, I am able ping fgt from both hosts, same gw (the fgt fw) on all machines and it's working fine. I am able to ping from both sides fw and the host. Thanks 

Elisup
New Contributor

I rebooted my switch and the issue is resolved. Thanks for the input

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors