Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
konig
New Contributor

Bandwitch limit 100 Mbit/s

Hello

I got questions about bandwitch limit in Fortigate 100D

I'v got internet link 100mbit (down) and 100mbit (up) and everything was ok

Yesterday My ISP upgrade my link and now i got 500/500 mbit but fortigate still cut my link to 100/100.

Is there any limit to fortigate?

Is there any solution to avoid this limit witout changing my fortigate?

THX

3 REPLIES 3
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Welcome to the Forums.

Sorry, maybe stupid question. Perhaps your switchport fixed to 100Mbit/s? Otherwise there are many reasons for slowdown troughputs (Inspection, NGFW, Threat Protection). Generaly, the 100D has an troughtput of 200 Mb/s (Threat Protection). https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiGate_100D_Series.pdf

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
konig
New Contributor

Right!!

Switchport take 100mb

I change to 1000 and now is 500/500 ;))

My seller told my that i have to upgrade to 200d to made bandwitch 500/500... bastard!!!

Thank you

Now i have to change all switches to 1000 but is cheaper than buying Fortigate 200d

Markus
Valued Contributor

Yeah, sure thing ;) glad to help you and good it's "only" Switchport. Anyway, if you (in future) decide to upgrade you Forti, have a look at the new Series, the D is quite "old". At present they have E-Series (more Power) and as I heard the F-Series will be launched soon.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/Fortinet_Product_Matrix.pdf

Best,

Markus

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors