Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
siomyn
New Contributor III

BIOS Access with FortiExplore?

Hi anyone, Have you ever access BIOS on FGT 60 D with fortiExplore? I need to interupt the boot sequence and upload new Firmware. (actualy I forget my FGT 60 D password and I hope I can format the flash and upload new firmware). I try it on my Win 8 OS and boot sequence does not appear. I can access the FGT after the FGT complete the boot. I read in the fortiExplore guide, It can do with FortiExplore 2.2 or later. My fortiExplore version is 2.3 Thanks in advance,

OMYN

Technical Consultant | Indonesia CCNP Security, Fortinet NSE 

OMYN Technical Consultant | Indonesia CCNP Security, Fortinet NSE
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Yes, this topic has come up before (just use the search link at the top of this page); I think the most recent discussion was this one. If the fgt is bootable and configured to auto-load a config from a USB stick upon start up, you could try editing a backup config to remove the password from the admin section (under config system admin) and save the resulting file as fgt_system.conf onto a USB stick and boot from that. (I have never tried it on 60D so not sure if it will work; also this auto-load cfg feature needs to be first enabled.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Phill_Proud
New Contributor

Keep a close eye on FortiExplorer as your 60D reboots. Early on it will present the console port (com x) as an option in the navigation pane. Clicking on this connects you to the early BIOS serial interface, where you can interupt the boot process and then proceed to use TFTP/etc as normal. Good luck if you don' t run Windows/OSX, but presumably it would show up as a device in /dev/usbttyx in linux briefly as well. The lack of console port annoys me as we use serial access servers on many of our remote sites.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors