Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AbdelHamid1997871
New Contributor

'Authentication failure' error - FortiGate admin access with FortiToken Mobile 2FA.

i can't  login to the device 201 F with iso 7.2.5 with Forti Hardtoken because of the time/NTP issue. and i don't have backup admin user but i have a backup configuration file before i make the 2FA . and i don't want to reset the firewall , any advice please 

3c364a47-70f0-435f-8cce-029279cef959.jpg

1 Solution
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

After this issue get solved remember to create another (super) admin without 2FA to be used as a backup (precautions).

If you have the configuration backup, in a maintenance window you have to format the FGT, modify the config file and restore it like it's shown here. The previous method that involved a maintainer account is now removed (since 7.2.4) for security reasons.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

After this issue get solved remember to create another (super) admin without 2FA to be used as a backup (precautions).

If you have the configuration backup, in a maintenance window you have to format the FGT, modify the config file and restore it like it's shown here. The previous method that involved a maintainer account is now removed (since 7.2.4) for security reasons.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AbdelHamid1997871

unfortunately my forti license has expired so I can't download firmware to boot it in device is there is a way to download it  ?2a6e652b-7892-4e13-9a14-830fdd3205ce.jpg

ebilcari

Keeping a network device without support in a production environment is not recommended. I would suggest to postpone the admin login issue until a valid support license is acquired.

If this FGT is set up in a lab or is dedicated for testing purposes and you don't have any other options to login you can try to factory reset using the reset button.

- Emirjon
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @AbdelHamid1997871 

I think you can check with your local Fortinet sales representative or account manager to assist you with licensing.

regards,

Sheikh 

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors