Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
peritech
New Contributor

Assigned fortitoken not associated with any user

Hi,

I have a Fortigate 200F with FortiTokens initially assigned to RADIUS account for VPN MFA authentication.

We had to rebuild our Active Directory and would like to assigned the Fortitokens to new RADIUS accounts in the new Active Directory.

However the Fortitokens in the Fortigate 200F show with the "Assigned" status as they are linked with the old (and now inexistant) RADIUS accounts.

How can I make the Fortitokens available again so that I can assigned them to new RADIUS accounts?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

1 Solution
ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Try to delete the tokens and re-import them:

From CLI.

To delete tokens:

config user fortitoken
delete <TOKEN-SERIAL-NUMBER>

# fortitoken-mobile import 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000

BR

- Happy to help, hit like and accept the solution -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Try to delete the tokens and re-import them:

From CLI.

To delete tokens:

config user fortitoken
delete <TOKEN-SERIAL-NUMBER>

# fortitoken-mobile import 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000

BR

- Happy to help, hit like and accept the solution -
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @peritech ,

You can just disable two-factor authentication on the old user configuration. After this operation, FortiToken is available for new users.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
peritech
New Contributor

Please discard my request.

I managed to reassigned the Fortitokens by deleting them from the list and re-installing the Fortitoken license.

Thanks anyway.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors